- How do I use my WEM Card?
Simply present your card to the cashier at the time of purchase and sign the receipt or press Credit on the keypad. As you use the card, the purchase amount (including taxes) is deducted from the card's total balance. You may use the card to pay the full amount of the purchase as long as the balance remaining on the card is sufficient. To make a purchase for an amount greater than the remaining balance, you must notify the merchant before completing the transaction and pay the difference with a second payment method (i.e., cash, cheque, debit or credit).
- Where can I use my WEM Card?
WEM Cards may be used at any vendor that electronically accepts MasterCard.
- How do I activate my WEM Card?
The card has no value until it is activated by the Guest Services cashier at its time of purchase. You must sign the back of the card where indicated. You should write the card number down on a separate piece of paper in case the card is lost or stolen.
- Can I reload my WEM Card?
The card is not reloadable or returnable.
- What billing address do I use for online and phone transactions?
Since your personal information is not associated with your WEM Card, you should use your mailing address. This will ensure that the merchant is able to contact you if a problem arises.
- Why is the merchant charging me more than I signed for on my receipt?
Some purchases require a preauthorization, in which case the merchant submits a transaction for a higher amount than the purchase. For example: a $40 purchase at a restaurant is typically submitted by the restaurant as $48 to allow room for a tip amount. Peoples Trust is required to approve and hold funds based on the $48 until the merchant finalizes the transaction, which can take up to 10 days.
- Where do I find the serial number on my WEM Card?
The serial number is the nine-digit number on the back, bottom-left corner of your card.
- How are returns of merchandise processed?
If you are entitled to a refund for goods or services obtained with your card, you may accept credit to the card balance in place of cash. The credit will be reflected on the card within 30 days. Note that any credit that exceeds the face value of the card may be declined or take up to 30 days to process.
- What fees are associated with the WEM Card?
Apart from the Activation Fee which is due at the time of purchase, the only other fee applicable to your Prepaid Card is a 2.5% foreign exchange service fee on all transactions made in a foreign currency. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Can I transfer the balance or funds from one WEM Card to another WEM Card?
No, you may not.
- If my WEM Card is lost or stolen, how do I get a refund or replacement card?
Notify us immediately if you believe your card has been lost or stolen. Go to http://gc.westedmontonmall.com and click on the Contact Us section. You will be asked to provide your card number and other identifying information, without which a replacement card cannot be provided. If MasterCard records show that a balance still remains on your card, the card will be cancelled and the available balance may be refunded to you in the form of another WEM Card.
- How do I get a PIN number for my WEM Card?
No PIN is associated with WEM Cards or required for use.
- Why was my WEM Card declined at the gas pump?
When you pay at the pump, a preauthorization amount which may be greater than your card balance is processed to allow for an undetermined final purchase amount. If the preauthorization amount is greater than the card's remaining balance, your card will be declined. To avoid being declined, go inside the station and tell the attendant how much you want to pay with your WEM Card.
- When can I start using my WEM Card?
Your WEM Card is activated at the time of purchase and may be used immediately.
- In what denominations can I purchase a WEM Card?
WEM Cards may be loaded with any dollar amount between $20 and $500.
- Can I withdraw cash from ATMs with my WEM Card?
No, WEM Cards cannot be used at any ATM.
- Can my WEM Card be used internationally?
Yes, the WEM Card is accepted anywhere that accepts MasterCard worldwide.
- How do I dispute a WEM Card transaction?
If there is any dispute with regards to a purchase you make with your WEM Card, you must settle the dispute with the merchant from whom the purchase was made.
- Can I use my WEM Card for recurring billing?
No, your WEM Card cannot be used for this purpose.